Tortuguero & Pacuare 3D/2N
|Baula Lodge & Maquenque Falls||B/L/D||$354.||$354.||$354.||14 years old|
|Mawamba Lodge & Rios Tropicales Lodge||B/L/D||$591.||$561||$501.||14 years old|
Spend one night at Tortuguero National Park, and one night off the beaten path near Siquirres at Finca Maquengue Lodge and a whitewater rafting trip on the world famous Pacuare River.
There are many animals that visits La Baula Lodge, like the howler or the white-faced monkey with it’s natural wake up call to your morning! The red frog lives in our lush gardens and the blue morpho butterfly flutters around the many green areas found on the property.
Accommodation in La Alegría de Siquirres is at Maquengue Falls Lodge. This is a small bed and breakfast farm well “off the beaten path”, a place few tourists will find. The Finca has beautiful views of rainforest covered mountains, including the active Turrialba volcano. It is surrounded by lush gardens and is located a short drive (20 minutes) from the rafting exploration center and the river starting point.
DAY 1 -TORTUGUERO (B, L,D)
Early a.m. pickup at your hotel in San Jose, Arenal or Puerto Viejo. Breakfast at our Exploration Center. Transport to Tortuguero, Check in at your lodge. Tortuguero activities.
DAY 2 – TORTUGUERO – SIQUIRRES (B,L,D)
Tortuguero activities. Afternoon transport to Maquengue Falls Lodge.
DAY 3 – PACUARE RIVER (B,L)
Morning pickup at Maquengue Falls Lodge at 7:45am. All day rafting trip. Luggage stored securely while you are on the river. Transport to your hotel in San Jose, Arenal or Puerto Viejo.
- Transportation from Puerto Viejo, San Jose or Arenal with drop-off in your choice again of San Jose, Puerto Viejo or Arenal.
- One night of lodging in Tortuguero at La Baula Lodge.
- One night of lodging near Siquirres at Maquengue Falls Lodge
- Full day rafting trip on the Pacuare River
- All meals (3 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 dinners)
- Activities in Tortuguero: 2 canal tours, 1 tour of Tortuguero town, 1 guided hike
- National park entrance fees ($17)
- Caribbean Conservation Corporation $2
- Optional night turtle tour (July-October $35)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional charge for pickup or drop-off at Arenal hotels which are further from La Fortuna than Tabacon Resort such as Arenal Observatory or Arenal Lodge may apply
What to bring: Long pants (Tortuguero), swim suit/swim shorts (for rafting), t-shirt, insect repellent, waterproof sunscreen, shoes or sandals (just must wear footwear in the boat but they will get wet.